Rich-Burn Air/Fuel Ratio Control System
The AFR-9R is the right choice when searching for the simplest to use load following air/fuel ratio control system. The system is designed to maximize the efficiency of a three-way catalyst by maintaining the proper air/fuel ratio over varying engine loads, speeds, fuel quality, ambient temperatures and barometric pressure. This is done without operator intervention after the initial program setup.
The AFR-9R features nine set point targets based on a combination of three RPM settings and three manifold pressure settings and includes three valve default position settings. As your engine’s load and/or speed change, the AFR-9R anticipates (feed-forward control) and corrects the air/fuel ratio to optimize catalyst performance.
The system includes the Murphy PV-450 full-color graphical user interface for control functions, monitoring, programming and diagnostic displays. The eight-button display includes comprehensive built-in help files for added operator convenience.
The Murphy AFR-9R air/fuel ratio controller represents cutting-edge technology in many areas: hardware, microprocessor power, control system software, operator interface options, adaptability to variable engine conditions and control requirements, software upgrade capability, in addition to comprehensive on-board diagnostics system (OBD).
• Simplest load-following AFRC system available.
• Designed for a wide range of horsepower, gas-fueled carbureted rich-burn industrial engines.
• Designed to maximize the efficiency of a three-way catalyst over varying engine loads, speeds, fuel quality, ambient temperatures and barometric pressure.
• Works without operator intervention after initial program setup.
• Nine set point targets based on a combination of three RPM settings and three manifold pressure settings (3 x 3).
• Three valve default position settings for automatic feed-forward control to optimize catalyst performance.
• Set point and operation done entirely through the full-color graphic display, enclosure or remote mounted.
• Available with either the non-intrusive fuel enrichment strategy or the in-line fuel authority control strategy.
• High-speed full-authority butterfly fuel control valves for quick response time.
• Proportional solenoid fuel control valves for auxiliary fuel control.
• Map sensor to measure variances in manifold air pressure.
• Post catalyst, oxygen sensor input for real-time adaptation to changing catalyst performance (post catalyst sensor is optional).
• Pre and Post catalyst differential temperature displayed when using an (optional) ungrounded Type K thermocouple.
• Separate alarm and shut-down dry-contact relays for flexibility in setup and operation.
• Heated exhaust gas oxygen sensors for optimum Air/ Fuel Ratio control.
• 12 / 24 VDC Nominal.
• Magnetic pickup or CD ignition input for engine speed operating reference.
• Upgradeable to accept additional end devices.
• IP 66 enclosure, 10" W x 13" H x 5" D.
How To Order:
Options listed below applies to all Air/Fuel Controllers. All configurations may not be available. Call your sales representative or Enovation Controls for more information. Sample order AFR-PD-R-9R-21-FA50 below.
Download information for the Compliance Controls AFR-9R in PDF format:
The Compliance Controls AFR-9R is not currently available in the MurCal web store. Please contact the inside sales department for availability, price quote and lead time.